here are lindsey and lindsey at the beginning of their day with a fresh layer of acai crush on.
basketball season has officially begun. we love this time of year and find so much joy in cheering on the world championship los angeles lakers. all we have to say is 3 PEAT!!!!!!!!! in case you feel like we are taking sides, please note that we are actually an official sponsor of the lakers and the laker girls. in fact, stila was everywhere at the home opener on wednesday.
the laker girls were all sporting stila t's and wearing stila makeup. they love our long wearing products - one step makeup, smudge stick eye liners, and long wear liquid lip colors.
you won our derby dolls giveaway!!! you're favorite doll is from the la sirens. meet ryder hard...
for more information, check out our official stila loves derby dolls website. and enjoy your smudge pots miss kimmm!!
halloween is almost here. the excitement surrounding the holiday has put us in a giving mood!!!!!!! we came up with this exciting contest that everyone will love. here are the details...
we want to see your halloween makeup. email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them on facebook to enter. the winner will receive 5 of our best selling products:
- stay all day liquid eye liner
- one step correct
- cherry crush
- custom color blush
- smudge stick eye liner (lionfish)
do you remember apple's app related commercials that began over a year ago? apple promised, "there's an app for that...
- we produce refillable compacts to support waste reduction
- several of our products are produced locally with low carbon foot print
- our kraft packaging is composed of recyclable, unbleached board, high yield material
- there is a biodegradable additive in our compacts
for more information on stila’s environmental initiatives, visit the stila cares page on our website.
a colorful look was created using purple tang smudge stick and the bright purple from the after hours trio. another look focused on a darker lip using the long wear liquid lip colors. the custom color blush was also a winning product, providing each girl with the perfect shade of blush. and, of course, one step makeup was a must-have. the laker girls love it because this foundation is waterproof and heat resistant. a formula like this goes a long way when you are cheering for the best team in basketball!
- kitten eye shadow is a staple shade that every girl must own. this go-to color is as essential to your beauty collection as jeans are to your wardrobe.
- everyone needs a little black dress moment once and a while with eye shadow. use this moment to take a little more risk and express your personality. whether you go bolder, smokier, heavier at the lash line, or simply wear eye shadow, the choice is up to you.
- certain shades of shadow look best on certain people. we see this in clothes too. have you ever had someone tell you how fabulous you look in green? if you want your eyes to pop, the best eye shadow for you is one that’s a complimentary color to your eye color – or at least close to it. this is why blue eyes usually look great in brownish orange tones.
- select your shadows like you select your outfits. many makeup artists will advise you to choose a warm, cool, or neutral look for your eyes. to make it less complicated, consider pairing eye shadows together that make sense visually – like you would an outfit. don’t over think it and you should be ok!
hey stila girls. halloween is almost here. although we cannot believe how fast the time has gone by, we are totally stoked that this fun holiday is just around the corner. halloween is a time when dressing up, experimenting, expressing your personality, and even stepping outside of your comfort zone are all appropriate. and this year stila has gone gaga for halloween. we created 3 gaga inspired looks based off some of the hottest costumes for the year.
even better, stila's top pro artist, dominick briguglio teaches you how to achieve each gaga look with special how-two videos. these looks all come complete with face charts and sets. that's right - stila has got your makeup covered this halloween from the pretty to the extreme! check them out now. also, enjoy these fun behind the scenes shots from the making of our videos!
these mascara tips come straight from ladies home journal. stila's very own sarah lucero provided readers around the country some amazing suggestions to help them make the most out of their lashes and their mascara. read what she had to say here:
last friday, the stila team spent a fun-filled night with the la derby dolls. what did this night entail? the derby girls took a night off from skating and opted for a makeup party instead. all of the dolls showed up to learn tips and tricks from some of our amazing pro artists, including dominick, viviana, and lindsey. these girls may be tough, but they have a passion for makeup that is contagious. they loved learning bold looks and were particularly excited about our new holiday palettes! these palettes provide them with limitless looks for their bouts! in addition to eye shadow, smudge stick eye liners, smudge pots, and one step makeup were a big hit among the dolls. to top it off, they all had to have a makeup player! now they can store their new makeup and listen to music to get pumped for their bouts.
to the la derby dolls - thanks for the amazing party! stila had an amazing time and we love being an official derby dolls sponsor :)
stila sponsored last night's caa young hollywood event. a group of "young hollywood's" from the stila team attended the event to mingle, enjoy the amazing hollywood atmosphere, and support this benefit that supports "communities in schools". it was definitely a fun night and we are sorry if you missed it. however, we do have some fun photos from the night that will not only allow you to partially relive the experience, but also provide you with a variety of party makeup ideas!
- Filed under: Just Because
ok we know it's only fall. and yesterday in california was actually the first day it really felt like fall for us at stila. however, when it comes to beauty, we like to think ahead. while the rest of the world is buying boots, sweaters, and an amazing red lipstick, we are working on our "light up the world collection" that will debut this spring.
the photoshoot for this collection occurred last friday. it was amazing. we loved everything about it, including the new products that every stila fan will soon be able to get their hands on. in addition to the new products, we loved seeing stila's all over shimmer liquid luminizer on the cheekbones. this product is a must for anyone who wants their cheekbones to stand out and we couldn't live without it on friday!
we think amy is the epitome of a stila girl on the red carpet! and even better, she's lovely in person. what do you think?