- Filed under: news
newsflash stila fans! stila hits reality television 2 weeks from today on oxygen's new reality television show - hair battle spectacular. tune in to see stila makeup like you've never seen it before! watch this preview for more info on the show.
- mix all over shimmer liquid luminizer with convertible colors for a cheek look that really pops.
- when applying the crushes, try mixing a drop of illuminating tinted moisturizer! it will help you blend the gel and provide the smoothest finish.
- contour the cheeks with bronze babe or camellia convertible color. add pink glow on the apples of the cheeks for color.
jill focuses most of her time and attention at stila developing products that she really loves, the newest being stila’s long wear liquid lip color. regarding the long wear liquid lip color, jill said, “it’s my favorite product of all time – literally!”
she said, "i've been a loyal user of the kajal eyeliners for a long long time now! I would love to win the smudge sticks because I don't know how to use them. And what better way to learn than to have the whole set to experiment with?"
congrats! have fun experimenting with this amazing new product that is a must-have!
also, second place goes to rachel!!
she said, "I love playing with bright eyeliners and I desperately need the purple tang and peacock!"
**enjoy your new eyeliners!
- Filed under: events
want to learn how to achieve perfect skin in one step? stila artists are traveling the united states ready to teach you! last week sarah and deaundria (pictured above) shared their insider secrets with the clients at the nyc soho sephora store. these hot ladies look great and most women probably assume their getting ready process is lengthy. wrong! apparently its much simpler than it looks!
stop wasting time and come learn how perfection is possible in one step. if you live in southern california, stila's pro artists will be on location this weekend to help you!!! here's a list of the places you will find them. for more info, check out the stila event page.
friday, july 23
south coast plaza sephora, costa mesa, ca
beverly center sephora, los angeles, ca
saturday, july 24
santa monica sephora, santa monica, ca
century city sephora, los angeles, ca
oxnard ulta, oxnard, ca
***stop by any of these stores between 11 and 6 for the perfect look you've been waiting for!
- apply this liner in the inner rim of the eye. this trick will literally wake up your makeup!
- blend the topaz kajal underneath the eye area to correct dark circles. then apply perfecting concealer over top for the perfect combo to cover serious darkness.
- use topaz kajal as a lip liner to cancel at redness in the lips and create the perfect canvas for your nude lip. finish by applying in the nude long wear lipstick to the lips. this look is very on trend and very editorial looking!
don't miss sarah on page 116 of harper's bazaar this month. the beauty editors of harper's bazaar needed her expert beauty advice to share with their readers. what product did she suggest women should try as they get older? raspberry crush! pick up a copy of the magazine to read more or enlarge these photos!
- Filed under: You Want This
- the green removes redness
- the peach brightens the skin and lifts under eye darkness
- the lavender minimizes brown spots, hyper pigmentation, and sun spots
- it can work as your primer
- it sooths and cools the skin
- the gel water base of this product feels weightless on the skin
- it is good for you skin, containing many amazing ingredients – camellia oleifera leaf extract, ginseng root extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, and arclay minerals
- Filed under: Pro Tips amp; Tricks
foundation that is too dark. the goal of foundation is to correct pigment and unevenness in the skin. many women find that they look pale after applying foundation because their skin looks so even. instead of applying blush or bronzer to add color back in the right areas, they select a foundation in a darker shade. often this shade does not blend properly with the neck area.
sarah spent the day today with celebrity hairstylist, dustin david. he's one of our favorites at stila and he worked his magic on sarah, getting her glammed up for tomorrow's valley fair event at sephora in santa clara! doesn't her hair look amazing??!!
dustin is a huge fan of stila's hair refresher. he always keeps this product in his kit and often recommends it for clients to help them extend their blowouts!
stila’s lip glazes have been a cult favorite since their debut. people seem to love everything about them. one client recently came into a store and asked, “where can i find the lip gloss that twists up with that great brush?” she was dying to get her hands on more stila lip glaze. and she is not the only one. people buy them in every shade, hoard them in their glove department for emergency on the go touchups, and are often seen at restaurants clicking this innovative, easy to use click pen. its no wonder all the celebs love them.
hey all you norcal stila girls! guess what? sarah is going to be at the valley fair sephora in santa clara this sunday, june 11th, for stila's "one step to flawless skin" event. stop by between 12 and 5 to meet her and learn how easy it is to have flawless skin!
let us know if you have questions!
-creating the wing of the cat eye is often the most difficult part. how high should you arch the line? what if you don’t arch it enough? try not to over think it. and for best results use your bottom lash line as a guide. the wing should appear as though it is extending naturally from the lower lash line.
-try using small feathering strokes rather than one long motion. pretend like you are connecting the dots! this trick works great with both liquid liner and the #28 brush.
-finish your cat eye off with lots of mascara. add more coats to the outer lashes for this look!
- long wearing makeup is preferable during all of these hot activities. be confident that you will look good without having to continually touch up. products like stila’s smudge stick liners and the lip and cheek stains will do the trick.
- patriotic makeup is a fun way to show your pride and celebrate the holiday. for a beautiful patriotic look, choose one color to rock during the holiday. maybe you want to wear stila’s azure eye shadow or cobalt smudge pot on the eyes and keep the lips neutral. or perhaps you prefer going bold on the lips with lover long wear lipstick or a few layers of cherry crush. either option will add some blue or red into your makeup wardrobe without overdoing it!
- lastly, wear sunscreen given that you'll probably be outside. a tinted moisturizer with a built in sunscreen is an easy option. for more coverage, use stila’s hydrating primer underneath your regular foundation. the primer has a built in sunscreen and it will also help keep your makeup on throughout the day – bonus!